Simple Workflow does not work

Hey guys,

I just upgraded to a paid plan. I am running an AI education company and wanted to showcase Julius workflow feature but it seems to fail the most basic things of adding two files and removing duplicates. Customer service has not replied, so maybe someone here can tell me what I am doing wrong.

Here is the workflow:

Here is my test:

It seems I am only allowed two links in total in this forum so I cant add the link to the two google sheets in this post, but I commented below with the Google Sheets

Why does Julius fail with such a basic task?

Thanks

Here are my two files:

Hey,

Thanks for sharing. Iā€™ll try taking a look at it and see what I can do with it. You just want the data from both sheets to be combined? Iā€™m wondering if itā€™s having issues with the mismatch in row numbers as well. Let me see what I can do.

Hi. Thanks for your help! The use case is to detect and delete duplicates. In the second file, there are 4 lines that are exactly the same as in the first file. I want Julius to combine the files, check for duplicates, delete the dupicates. So quite a simple task I would think.

For some reason itā€™s not liking the google sheets, so I converted the files to .xlxs or .csv and that helped. Iā€™m just currently testing it out step by step in the chat. Iā€™ll keep you updated.

Hi Moritz and Chris,

So sorry for missing your email. @chrisdavis92 thanks for also helping out on this as well.
Iā€™m going to also take a look at it and see what I can do. Iā€™m positive we can figure out a nice workflow for this for you to demonstrate at your company. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah no problem! Moritz, did you intend to have duplicated rows in the first spreadsheet as well? Iā€™m realizing that there are quite a bit of them.

Yeah, I noticed that too but I just kind of left it as is. Mortiz, when you get the chance could you try out this workflow: Julius AI | Your AI Data Analyst? Let me know if the link works or not. You can also find the workflow by going to Explore workflow and then typing in ā€œAnalyze and Deduplicate Excel Filesā€. It should come up.

No, Iā€™m an idiot. Thanks for pointing this out. I checked the top part of the file for what chat gpt generated, but failed to see that there are duplicates in the same file on the bottom. This explains my problem. As ususal, the problem is in front of the screen most of the time. Thank you so much for helping and checking this out for me. Highly appreciated!

1 Like

Hi Alysha, when I click on the link, I just get to an empty page on Julius somehow. But I think the issue could have been solved by Chris who kindly checked my file and realized that in the lower section of the first file, there is duplicates already in the same file. So ChatGPT created duplicates in the first file and I did not see that. So 100% my fault :slight_smile: Thanks so much for taking the time to help me, I really appreciate that!

Hi Mortiz,

Of course, Iā€™m here to help! Itā€™s always good to have a fresh pair of eyes to look at a dataset and Iā€™m glad we got it solved!

Okay, Iā€™ll report the sharing link issue to the engineers. If you start typing ā€˜analyze andā€¦ā€™ in the Explore workflows section, youā€™ll get a couple of results like this:

Itā€™s the first one named ā€˜Analyzed and Deduplicateā€¦ā€™. Let me know if you see it! Also let me know if you can run it smoothly. :slight_smile:
Thanks again @chrisdavis92 for the additional help!

1 Like

Nah, sometimes when you stare at data for a long time you just miss things. Happens to us all (did the exact same thing last week when I was working on a dataset). Thatā€™s why itā€™s great to have a fresh pair of eyes to look at it.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words. Really appreciate your support!