Short Guide: Using Workflows

Copied and pasted from another thread, but decided to paste as a guide.

What is Workflow?
Workflow is used to streamline tasks in an effective and efficient way. For example, if I know I am going to be running a lot of descriptive statistics on various datasets, it will be tiresome to prompt the same thing over and over again. So, what we can do is create a workflow that is used to run descriptive statistics on any dataset in order to streamline the process.

How do I use it?
You can use it in various ways, and I encourage you to test out the different workflows that have been created by other community members by clicking on Explore Workflows in the left-side panel (see image below).

You can click on the workflow that you find most interesting. For example, I’ll click on the ‘Data Visualization with Monthly Sales’. When I do so, it’ll bring up a page that looks like this:

This page gives you a description of the workflow, and three options: clone workflow, preview , or run workflow .

1. Clone Workflow: It copies the workflow and adds it to your collection. You can then adjust the steps to suit your needs.
2. Preview Workflow: Allows you to preview the steps in the workflow without running it.
3. Run Workflow: Runs the workflow in Julius.

Creating a Workflow
You can create a workflow by going to the ‘My Workflows’ tab on the left-side panel. After clicking on this you will be directed to another page that looks like this:

There is a help button located beside the ‘run workflows’ button:

When you click on it, it’ll give you a nice breakdown of how to create a custom workflow. Below, we will follow the wonderful outline provided by the ‘help button’.

Step 1: What is a Workflow

Step 2: Adding Steps to Your Workflow

The image below shows which button is responsible for which task (button highlighted in grey):
imageimageimage

Step 3: Configuring Step Details

When specifying instructions for user , you have various options:

a. text (input text answer)

b. file (upload file)

c. column (specify columns to work with)

d. secrets (attach API/secret)

If you specify the AI to run the step, it will take whatever input you have in the ‘instruction for’ and then run that as the prompt:
In the image above, this means that Julius will search the internet.

Step 4: Running and Sharing Your Workflow

As specified in in the image above, when you are finished with your workflow and want to post it within the community, you can navigate to the ‘share’ button. This will bring up two options: ‘Share with Link’ (copies workflow link to clipboard) and ‘Publish on Explore’.

When you publish on explore, a checkmark appears next to the option indicating that it has been successfully published:
You can also specify which model you want to run your workflow on by clicking on the ‘down arrow’ located on the ‘run workflow’ button:

These are just some of the basic steps in creating and running a workflow. I encourage you to play around with the different features to find out what works for you. I also recommend testing out other workflows first to get a sense of what you can do with them. It’ll help you become more familiar with the process.

2 Likes